Friday, October 10, 2008

What's Up With Wojo? (Freshers' Week Edition)

I was talking with Emma, a fellow scholar from Canada tonight, and realized that I've been away from home for almost two weeks now. Long time to be away, and it's still the beginning... The idea of being in a new place and making new goals has been with me for a while, but I haven't thought much about goals, aspirations, or similar things, yet. Sure, I thought about how I should make some new goals, but that's as far as it's gone.

"Why is that?" you ask? Well, there's a number of reasons, and all of them have to do with the events of the last few weeks. This is what I've been up to.

Orientations

So far, I'm being inducted into everything from the University of Oxford to various clubs. There's lots of this, and a lot of it is ceremonial. I'm looking forward to getting to work, soon, rather than attending these events. They're nice, but work is also nice.

Socializing

Wine and cheese events, pubs, guest speakers, and afternoon tea. Welcome to Oxford, this is what daily life is like.

Research?

I'm still working on a number of papers, along with my business idea... I'm using the business' prototype to do my own blog reading, and am enjoying it quite a bit. We'll see where it goes!

Generally...

... there's a lack of time for everything. I hear that life gets much busier once courses start, and this scares me a bit. I'm sure I'll be fine -- at the least, I won't be giving up the project I'm running now!

No comments: