I remember the first AGM I attended two years ago in Montreal, where I first heard Inuit throat singers -- something completely different from any previous musical experiences, and really beautiful. This year, we visited a Biosphere Reserve, with two photos below.
Talking to participants made me realize there are still a number of things I have yet to experience, either in Canada or in general:
- The Aurora Borealis
- Hearing the ice cracking on a lake
- The Arctic
- British Columbia's forests
- The Bay of Fundy (or anywhere in the Maritimes, for that matter)
- First Nations reserve / healing ceremony / fasting / anything
- Solitude in the wilderness
Okay, that last one is pretty intense, but maybe one day...
On my flight back, the sky wasn't cloudy and I got to see some beautiful views of Canada... And some of that cracking ice I want to hear.